Saturday, February 16, 2019

Rape with the Children - A Great Problem


RAPE WITH THE CHILDREN - A GREAT PROBLEM

As per the news item published in The Tribune, Chandigarh on its first page on 5th of November'2017, the National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB) report for 2016 mentions as under: "In 2016, rape accused in 94.6 cases were none other than the victim's relatives, incuding brother, father, grandfather and son, or acquaintances,": the report states. It will not be out of place to mention here that all the cases of this heinous crime committed by strangers, relatives, neighbours or acquaintances are not reported in the media. Every right thinking person will feel shaken by this report. 

 The details of the news clipping are placed here under in English and Hindi from the The Tribune and the Dainik Tribune. clip 


गैरों के मुकाबले अपनों से कहीं ज्यादा असुरक्षित है आधी आबादी Posted On December - 4 - 2017 इंदौर, 4 दिसंबर (एजेंसी) यौन अपराधों के मामले में देश की बच्चियां और महिलाएं पराये लोगों के मुकाबले अपने सगे-संबंधियों और जान-पहचान के लोगों से कहीं ज्यादा असुरक्षित हैं। राष्ट्रीय अपराध रिकॉर्ड ब्यूरो (एनसीआरबी) की ताजा रिपोर्ट सामाजिक गिरावट के इस रुख की तसदीक करती है। इसके आंकड़े बताते हैं कि वर्ष 2016 में बलात्कार के 94.6 प्रतिशत रजिस्टर्ड मामलों में आरोपी कोई और नहीं, बल्कि पीड़िताओं के परिचित थे जिनमें उनके दादा, पिता, भाई और बेटे तक शामिल हैं। एनसीआरबी की सालाना रिपोर्ट ‘भारत में अपराध 2016’ के मुताबिक देश में पिछले साल लैंगिक अपराधों से बच्चों का संरक्षण अधिनियम (पॉक्सो एक्ट), भारतीय दंड विधान (आईपीसी) की धारा 376 और इसकी अन्य सम्बद्ध धाराओं के तहत बलात्कार के कुल 38,947 मामले दर्ज किये गये। इनमें से 36,859 प्रकरणों में पीड़ित बच्चियों और महिलाओं के परिचितों पर उन्हें हवस की शिकार बनाने के आरोप लगे हैं। वर्ष 2016 में बलात्कार के 630 मामलों में पीड़िताओं के साथ उनके दादा, पिता, भाई और बेटे ने दुष्कर्म किया, जबकि 1,087 प्रकरणों में उनके अन्य नजदीकी संबंधियों ने उनकी अस्मत को तार-तार किया। पिछले साल 2,174 मामलों में पीड़ित बच्चियों और महिलाओं के रिश्तेदार इनसे बलात्कार के आरोप की जद में आये, जबकि 10 हजार 520 प्रकरणों में पीड़िताओं के पड़ोसियों पर दुष्कृत्य की प्राथमिकी दर्ज करायी गयी। 600 मामलों में नियोक्ताओं और सहकर्मियों पर बलात्कार के आरोप लगे। 557 मामलों में महिलाओं ने लिव-इन जोड़ीदारों, पतियों और पूर्व पतियों पर दुष्कृत्य के आरोप लगाए। शादी का वादा कर महिलाओं से बलात्कार के 10,068 मामले दर्ज किये गये। रिपोर्ट बताती है कि पिछले साल बलात्कार के अन्य 11,223 रजिस्टर्ड मामलों में भी पीड़िताएं आरोपियों से किसी न किसी तरह परिचित थीं। 

 All the right thinking people should spare some moments over this highly deplorable issue of rape in the Indian society where the 'kanya pujan' takes place. 

 THIS LETTER IS AN EYE OPENER. PLEASE SIGN THIS PETITION 


Change.org Trigger Warning: Content about Child Abuse 


 Dear Mahanvir, I was sexually abused by a close relative when I was a young child. I was traumatised. I did not know how to speak up or even stop this abuse. As an adult, I found out that the same relative had abused my cousin as well. When my niece was born, I knew I had to do something to protect her. Most child molesters are repeat offenders. They continue to abuse different children if they are not stopped. Shockingly, I was not able to file a complaint against my relative because in India the police and courts do not accept complaints from adult survivors. This means that my molester is free to abuse other childrenwhile I am helpless to stop the crime. I am not willing to accept that. That is why I started a petition asking the government to allow adult survivors to file complaints. Sign my petition. I am meeting the Women and Child Development Minister, Maneka Gandhi next week. Help me reach at least one lakh signatures by the end of this week so that I can show her this is a big issue that needs immediate attention. I want to protect lakhs of children who get sexually abused in this country. I can’t do it without your support. Sign my petition. Thank you for everything, Purnima Govindarajulu Sign the petition Want to change something? Start a petition


Go to Change.org to sign this petition

No comments:

Post a Comment